An Enterprise Resource Planning project is a complex undertaking as your implementation partners have to have the right set of experience and skill to be parachuted into a business that has been built with the hard work of the founders and employees over a number of years and "migrate" them onto an encompassing ERP to improve their operations usually in the space of a few months to 1 year depending on size and complexity, in some cases 3 years for global sized companies.
The differing levels of skill sets you would expect to interact with during the course of a program from your implementers would be
Find out how erpSOFTapp helps companies achieve successful ERP Implementations
- Management Consultants
- Project Managers
- Finance Managers and Accountants
- Business Analysts
- Technical Managers
- System Architects and Designers
What are the qualities expected of a company embarking on the Enterprise Resource Planning journey to ensure that the project goes smoothly.
- Mature business process
- Documented policies for each department
- Active governance structure from inception to delivery
- Dedicated Internal Project Manager that knows the business inside out
- Willingness to learn and adapt as the project evolves